Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 1: About me and my bullies!

My name is Ashley and my husband and I own two English bulldogs, Dixie and Kooper. We are a Marine family that is stationed on Camp pendleton Ca and have been here for 3 years. We are both originally from southeast Texas, being high school sweeties just sealed the deal.
We have two beautiful children together one of which is 4 and the other is 2. I wanted to start this blog not only to allow my friends at English Bulldog News keep track of how my bulldogs are doing but also to help any other individuals having issues with their pets find solutions and answers. Sometimes hearing other peoples stories can help you AND your pocketbook.

So just here recently my 8 month old bulldog, Kooper, has been getting hotspots and not gaining weight like he should. We have been feeding him and Dixie Purina One puppy blend (because thats what we have always fed EVERY pet we have ever owned) and thought it was a good food due to the fact that its one of the cheaper foods that has protein as the number one ingredient. We tried to do what all the sellers told us to do with the amount of food to feed and times per day. We regularly worm and treat them with flea medication as well as bathing. Dixie is healthy as an ox! no skin issues and her weight is perfect! But kooper just looks SICK! poor guy just seems to have all kinds of issues! So i joined English Bulldog News in hopes of learning some new information from experienced bully owners before I broke down and took Kooper to the vet. Because more than likely they would tell me the same thing that the people on EBN.

Today im going to bathe him with a new medicated shampoo for skin allergies then give him a vinegar soak to try and level out his skin PH. This has all been suggestions from my EBN friends, so im hoping to see signs of improvement not only from the food change but also from my steady treatments of baths and TLC.

My baby Kooper

Fat girl Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment